James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Bread and Cakes

 

Since I gave up bread and cakes to go on a gluten-free diet, I must admit that I have missed some of the bread and biscuits.

But I haven't missed the cakes, as I seldom eat them!

The non-eating of cakes started when I refused one with my mother-in-law. You could never say maybe with her, as it was either yes or no. So after that it was always no, otherwise I would have to eat one, whether I liked it or not!

It was the same with puddings too!

So since then, I've hardly eaten either!

But was my body telling me something as well?

I've experimented with various breads and cakes since and with one exception they are not worth eating.

The bread is heavy and tasteless or light and tasteless!

The various corn and rice cakes are alright, but they are not very filling and need something substantial on top!

The one exception was a sticky ginger cake from Bakers Delight. They have a good web site with lots of information.

I think I'll just stick to cold new potatoes as a filler!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home