James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Future of Coeliac-UK

 

There has been talk on the UK about funding problems with the Coeliac UK charity. I don't know if they are true, but it must be a drain as more and more people are diagnosed with the disease.

I for one would not miss the Coeliac UK charity.

I go my own way as I do in many things, which I find out is often best. Certainly for me. I'm afraid that charities like Coeliac UK are being usurped by the Internet, which gives you the information you want at your fingertips.

The lot of coeliacs will not be improved until the NHS realises that the one in hundred of the population who have coeliac disease are a severe economic drain. Not because of the disease they have, but because of all the drugs and treatments that are given to coeliacs because of misdiagnosis.

We live in a time of massive change in the way we handle and access information. Most of it will be free. Charities that go closed and charge their members for their services will cease to exist.

It's a very hard world out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home