James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Kosher Food and Gluten Free

 

I was having a friendly argument with a Jewish friend about kosher food and whether it is gluten free. This had started because her mother had always coated fish in matzo meal rather than breadcrumbs and she thought they were gluten free.

She pointed me to Kosher On-Line Superstore called justkosher.co.uk, which does have a small gluten free section. And you can get gluten free matzo meal, but it is made from oats.

One thing that came up, was my friend said she’d never come across a Jewish coeliac. Just chance I suspect.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger James Miller said...

Since I posted this on the Yahoo group, I've heard from several Jewish Coeliacs.

It was chance.

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home