James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Real Tennis

 

I play Real Tennis at Cambridge and this morning I had a good game with Donald Tipper. We also had a good chat about my problems and whether I actually have coeliac disease. Note that Donald is a serious scientist who knows about the mechanisms of the body.

As I am now feeling better without the gluten, I feel I have probably made the right decision.

I also requested a 'gluten-free' list at Waitrose in Cambridge.

I did get a prompt return to an E-Mail to Kellogg listing which of their products were 'gluten-free'.

"Choco Corn Flakes, Coco Pops, Corn Flakes, Crispix, Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes, Crunchy Nut Red, Frosties, Rice Krispies, Ricicles, Rice Krispie Squares, Cereal and Milk Bars, Winders

These products are free from wheat gluten, but will contain traces of hordein (barley protein) from the malt flavouring/extract ingredient."

That sounds fine by me! I didn't know that they made so many!

What are Winders?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home