James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Carluccio's

 

Last night we went to Bluewater and ate at one of Carluccio’s restaurants for the first time in some months. The delay was not through choice, but they haven’t invaded Cambridge yet!

Last time, I ate there the choice had been a bit limited, but as it was only lunch, a nice steak and a glass of Sicilian wine had been perfect.

But last night, things had very much changed for the better.

I could have had several of the starters; plain proscuitto, more than one salad and a potato gnocchi. The friendly staff also told me that a rice dish had breadcrumbs in it after checking with the chef!

For the main course, I had liver which they do so well! I could also have had a steak and I think two other dishes.

Now I know I’m not a serious coeliac, but I do know when I eat a small amount of gluten! But it certainly looks like one of Britain’s fastest growing restaurant chains is getting its act together properly with respect to gluten.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home