James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Finding Christmas Difficult

 

There have been a lot of posts on the UK-Coeliac Yahoo Group recently about how people find Christmas difficult.

One of the main problems is eating out. On the whole, I don't go to too many Christmas parties and certainly not any where there is a large sit-down meal with little choice. So luckily, I avoid compulsory stuffing and Christmas pudding, neither of which I've ever liked.

So perhaps my body knows more about what I can eat than I do!

When it comes to eating in, there are a lot more options as Marks and Spencer and others now have gluten-free stuffing, I like turkey and redcurrant sauce and even gluten-free mince-pies are common.

So my main plea is to all you caterers out there, do think of all those people out there who have various food intolerances and allergies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,

Having a nose around for blogs written by and/or about coeliacs as we are in the process of writing a book on the process of cooking for food allergies.

I must say that I can sympathise with the particular Christmas problem.

Can you post a link to the UK coeliac yahoo group?

Best regards,
Hew

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home