James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Does Anybody Like Rice Cakes?

 

I recently went to Montreal for a weekend on business. Coming back there was no gluten-free bread or biscuits, but they served rice cakes. They really are truly awful. Does anybody like them?

As an aside Montreal was good, but not if you are an unprepared coeliac. At least the breakfasts in the hotel were fruit and eggs, but otherwise waiters and restaurateurs didn’t have a clue. Strangely though I met two people, who had close friends or relatives who were so it’s not as though the disease is unknown.

I’ve posted my experiences of the city here.

I’ve since done a Google search for gluten-free restaurants and there are a few lists.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

I like rice cakes with peanut butter. I like Corn Thins, they are multi grain GF and thinner so you don've have to gag down that dry sytrofoamy cake. Good luck!

2:28 pm  
Blogger coeliac said...

Bunalun make chocolate or yoghurt covered rice cakes which are soooo good

11:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are transformed by homous .... and i little lettuce if you want

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home