James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Food on the Go in The Netherlands

 

I just spent a couple of days in The Netherlands to see a couple of friends and didn’t find the food too difficult. One of the problems is that a lot of their meals are bread based, but I did get a couple of good meals in Italian restaurants without trouble, as the owners were real Italians and knew about celiachia. One thing that I did find was that in a chain called Albert Heijn, which always seemed to have a selection of very good salads, that were marked gluten free.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonni said...

My daughter and her family live in the NL, and I go visit every 6 weeks or so. Of course having coeliac is always an issue, but like you, I found that Albert Heijn is fantastic that way -- I can get some ready-meals (salad-type meals) which are GF. I do those for supper, I might have some boiled eggs for breakfast, rice 'waffles' (rice cakes) for lunch with some PB or jam on them . . . have lots of fresh fruits. And I usually bring myself a loaf of my GF bread from home (UK), and a box of Mesa Sunrise cereal.

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home