James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

More on Chocolate

 

I've never been someone who bothered too much about chocolate. Although I would have the odd bar of Dairy Milk or Bournville at times.

Strangely though, I've always been partial to Crunchies. And guess what they're gluten-free! I've never been struck on KitKats either! Because of the biscuit they aren't!

What seems to be the case with Cadburys is that anything made at the old Fry's factory near Bristol is gluten-free. But product made in Birmingham is not.

Other chocolate companies are not so open with their dietary information.

So I don't eat anything that I don't know what's in it!

Except of course for Green and Blacks! Most of their product except for things with caramel flavourings is gluten-free. It's all on their web site!

Update February 2005

When I originally wrote this page, I couldn't find any information on Nestle products. They now have a full list on their web site. I still can't find any reasonable information about Mars.

Update May 13, 2005

Green and Blacks have now been taken over by Cadbury. Some may not like this, but speaking as a coeliac, I think that Green and Blacks gluten-free standards will be maintained, as Cadbury is serious about dietary information.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home