James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Monday, August 01, 2005

Curious Heart Behaviour

 

I’m 58 in a few days time and was diagnosed as a coeliac about two years ago. Since then I’ve been on a pretty strict gluten-free diet.

As I’ve obviously got fitter, which I know from the fact that my real tennis handicap has improved, I’ve started to develop the odd heart flutter. Often it is caused by an adrenalin rush, like when I was breathalysed a few weeks ago. (I was well negative!)

Could it be that now I’ve got all the proper vitamins and other stuff going round my body, I’m reacting normally as most people do, but not as I’ve done, as I’d always been controlling in a different regime?

I’ve been to the doctor about it and he reckons it’s caffeine, as my blood pressure and heartbeat are normal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home