James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Friday, February 10, 2006

Tesco Healthy Living

 

I also bought two of the Tesco Healthy Living pies as they were on special offer. There are several varieties, most are gluten free and all comes with a potato crust.

I had the Cottage Pie today for lunch and it was quite nice. It actually had too much salt for my taste. And probably me too, as I’m supposed to stick to a low salt diet as I’ve got a gall stone.

It certainly was a good lunch, for someone of the “Men Behaving Badly” school of cuisine!

The product also has the new labelling which has been much-derided by health fascists. I actually found the labelling a bit frightening as it listed that the pack contained 32% of my daily salt needs. That salt again!

As this is quite a new product for Tesco with a 2006 copyright, I looked at the Allergy Advice on the back. It also gave extra allergy information about nuts, so the message must be getting through.

All in all though the product would be much better with half the salt!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home