James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Neurological Problems and Coeliac Disease

 

As a child I had some very odd incidents. I can remember swirling around and being made to lie down by my mother. I grew out of them but as I got to about forty bright pin-point lights could give me a migraine like headache. Then at fifty I started to get rather depressed when there was no reason at all.

A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed as low in B12 and to cut a long story short, Addenbrokes said I was a coeliac and I went on a gluten-free diet.

Since, I have not had any neurological problems. Except once just after Christmas when a sauce in a restaurant was made with flour! The moral there is don’t trust the waiter, even if she is the owner of the restaurant! She’d changed the chef and he changed the recipe from cornflour to wheat flour!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home