James Miller - Coeliac Diary

 

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Germany

 

I’ve just had a few days away in western Germany, where I visited Xanten, Altenberg, Wuppertal, Cologne, the Moselle Valley, Trier, Montschau and Aachen. It was great fun despite the rain. The interesting thing though, is that I didn’t really have any problems with gluten. Most places knew exactly what to do and the standard German breakfast of cold meats and cheese is naturally gluten-free.

One of the highlights was the Flying Metro in Wuppertal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonni said...

I'm going to Germany soon. How about the grilled wursts (without brotchen, obviously) -- are they all gluten free, or do they know what glluten is and can tell you if they contain gluten?

I used to live there decades ago, pre-diagnosis, and miss those so much, and would love to have one when I return.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home